Thursday 11 December 2014

Christmas Candy Cane Marshmallows


 
 
I've just made these tonight to put in the goodie bags for the children in my class tomorrow as they finish for the Christmas holidays. I wanted something super easy, but also something that looked impressive and tasted delicious. These fit the bill.
I bought the cutest mini candy canes from Iced Jems, one of my favourite suppliers. But I crushed normal sized candy canes for the bits. Bits That's a technical term, by the way! One day I'd like to try these with homemade marshmallow but I simply didn't have time tonight.
 
Mini Candy Cane Marshmallows
 
Ingredients:
Store bought marshmallows
mini candy canes
chocolate - melted
crushed candy canes
 
Method:
1. Crush the larger candy canes using a food processor or in a tall glass using the end of a rolling pin like I did.
2. Poke a mini candy cane into each marshmallow.
3. Dip the marshmallow half way into the melted chocolate. Tap off excess.
4. Dip and roll into the crushed candy cane so the chocolate is covered. Place on a plate to set.
 
It's as simple as that!
 


 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!